Another healthier bake for you all. I made these chocolate, oreo and peanut butter muffins a few weeks ago and they were quite the hit on my Instagram page and with my family, so I thought I would share the recipe.
These muffins were made with protein powder, but you can quite easily omit the powder and substitute with more flour if you prefer; you can also make them double stuffed or single. It’s up to you.
- 80g Wholemeal Plain Flour
- 20g Cacao Powder
- 8 Oreo Cookies
- 60g Peanut Butter
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
- 100g Apple Puree
- 120ml Milk
- 1 Free Range Egg
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Stevia to Taste.
- It’s as simple as adding everything into a blender – minus the oreos and peanut butter – and blending until the batter is smooth.
- Next, spread each oreo liberally with peanut butter
- Add a few spoonfuls of the muffin batter to silicone muffin cases then place the oreo atop the batter and proceed to fill the cases with the remaining muffin batter.
- Pop the muffins into a pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes at 185c.
- 250g Fage 0% Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Scoop Cookies n Cream Protein Powder
- 20g Mini Oreos ( more for decoration)
- Stevia to taste
- Again you will need to blend everything together, including the oreos. Then pop into a piping bag or freezer bag and place in the fridge to set for an hour, then pipe onto your cool muffins and top with a mini oreo.
– You can follow me on Instagram @Happy.Hungry.Healthy for more recipes and ideas. Tag me #TheHungryWelshGirl if you make any of my recipes – I love seeing your creations.