I’m always trying to come up with different ways of eating foods, but also ways to make sure I am getting in enough protein too. And as today was a rest day from exercise, protein was essential to help recover the muscles which have been annihilated throughout the week. Then I remembered the power wraps that I first made before the beginning of summer – they were delicious – only this time I used the tuna, chickpea and Quinoa meatballs which I made yesterday.
This was a brilliant idea as the meatballs had nearly 4g of protein per ball and the wrap itself, made with Kodiak Cakes power cake mixture; had 18g and combined with the tzatziki – fage 0% Greek yoghurt – this power wrap contained a whopping 40g of protein. My muscles were definitely thanking me after this.
Want to try making your own power wrap?
- 75g Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Mixture
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
- Low-Fat Spray
- 3 Tuna, Chickpea & Quinoa Meatballs
- Combine the power cakes mixture with 125ml of water and the herbs before whisking the batter until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan with the spray oil or butter and cook until both sides are golden.
- Now all you have to do is fill with your tuna, chickpea & Quinoa meatballs, salad and tzatziki – 40g Fage 0%, Garlic and Coriander.
And that’s it: simple, easy, nutritious and delicious, for an on the go snack or as part of a meal.
For more recipes, reviews and ideas follow me on Instagram – @Happy.Hungry.Healthy and tag me in any recipes you try.