It’s been a while since I last posted a recipe, but I’ve been busy with this, that and the other and I haven’t done much baking or cooking lately; just quick meals. However, yesterday I had some time to try a new recipe, and thankfully it was a success. At first, I wasn’t sure what to call these: patties, mini burgers, meatballs; I was confused, but today I settled on meatballs, because that is what I had in mind when I was making them.
These tuna, chickpea and quinoa meatballs are so easy to make and depending if you own a food processor or chopper, they can be prepared and cooked even quicker than if you were manually chopping the ingredients yourself.
Ingredients: 13 Servings
- 1 can of Tuna in spring water (drained)
- 60g White Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 120g Chickpeas (drained)
- 50g Quinoa (cooked)
- 1 tsp Spicy Italian Seasoning
- 5g Kerrygold Butter
- Salt to taste.
- Pre-heat your oven to 185c and cook your Quinoa.
- Now, peel and roughly chop your onion and garlic, then place it in the food processor, along with the chickpeas until everything is finely diced – not puréed.
- Empty the contents of the food processor into a bowl with the drained tuna, cooked quinoa and spicy Italian seasoning, add salt to the mixture and stir everything together until all the ingredients are well combined; now form into small, flat balls.
- After all your meatballs have been shaped, grease a baking tray with the butter and pop your tuna meatballs into the oven until they are golden brown – about 15 minutes.
– You could eat these meatballs with spaghetti, vegetables or even in a power wrap with salad and tzatziki, like I did.
Cals: 39 | Macros: | 4C | 1F | 3.4P | 1Fi |
For more recipes, reviews and ideas, follow me on Instagram – @Happy.Hungry.Healthy and tag me in any recipes you try.