I love easy recipes and I especially love recipes which are easy and quick, and these chocolate dipped walnut and nut biscotti were definitely both of those things. I adapted the recipe from here: halved and exchanged ingredients for ones which I had in my cupboards and overall they were a success. Although, mine were a lot paler on the inside than his were, maybe I needed to cook them for longer, or it could have been my choice of protein powder.I don’t know. They were delicious nonetheless and I feel I’m going to become obsessed with making and experimenting with different flavours.
These chocolate dipped walnut and nut biscotti are packed with healthy fats and protein, but are also high in fibre too. So if you are someone who struggles to eat enough fibre everyday and also likes a sweet treat with their coffee, well guess what? You’re in luck. I also think these biscotti would work as ‘lady fingers’ in a trifle.
- 40g Vitafibre Syrup
- 50g Vanilla Whey
- 25g Walnuts
- 10g Chopped nuts
- 30ml Water
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 180c (fan assisted)
- Pour your Vitafibre syrup into a saucepan and leave to boil, when the syrup starts to thin and bubble, add in the protein powder, water and baking powder. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir the ingredients into the syrup until a dough starts to form.
- Roughly chop up the walnuts and add them to your dough, as well as the chopped nuts and combine, making sure the nuts are equally distributed throughout the dough.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and shape the biscotti dough into a loaf, then cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the biscotti from the oven, leave to cool and then slice into 6-7 biscotti.
- All that’s left now is to dip those biscotti into some melted dark chocolate and you can enjoy them whenever you require a sweet treat, or biscuit with your coffee.
Per Biscotti | 84 Cals | 7.2c | 4.6f | 5.6p | 4.6fi |
Ror more recipes, reviews and ideas follow me on Instagram @Happy.Hungry.Healthy