I’m a sucker for instant gravy: it’s quick, easy and it doesn’t taste all that bad. However, you can’t beat a good homemade gravy, it’s just a bit of a faff to prepare. So this year, I’m try to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible, while still preparing delicious food and for the most part I’m doing alright. My prep is always done the week leading up to Christmas Day, so all I really have to do is heat the gravy and enjoy.
Eating cranberry sauce with my Christmas dinner has been a new experience for me the last couple of years, but definitely one I wish I had started sooner as it’s delicious and pairs well with my bacon wrapped roast with sage and onion stuffing. But more importantly, its really easy to make. Continue reading “Cranberry & Orange Sauce”
With only one week left until Christmas, food prep is in full swing and I can safely say that I am right on top of things this year. I’m probably the most organised I’ve ever been at Christmas and I’ve even had these rosemary and red onion sausage stuffing balls prepared and sat in my freezer since the beginning of the month.
I spent the weekend writing my Christmas recipes and scheduling them on the blog, when I realised that I have never posted my full mince pie recipe and I LOVE my mince pie recipe. It’s one of the only Christmas recipes on my blog that I make every year, without fail and they always go down well with all of the family. Continue reading “Mince Pies with a Boozy, Nutty Twist.”
It’s been a while since I posted anything to the blog, over a year I think, so I thought I would kick off my return with a vegan French toast recipe that anyone can make. Continue reading “Vegan Banana Pie French Toast”
Today, is my three year veganniversary. And I haven’t died. I’m not protein deficient or anaemic and I feel healthier than I have done in years. So, I thought I would celebrate my survival by sharing a brownie recipe. Continue reading “Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies.”
Guys. I’m one of those weirdos who loves chickpeas. I could eat them with every meal and for the most part I do. But what’s even more odd, is that I have been craving these chickpea cookie bars all weekend. And when I finally got hold of some chocolate yesterday, today I was only too excited to throw a batch of these together and dive straight in. Continue reading “Chickpea Cookie Bars”
A favourite of mine lately and a classic combination when it comes to baking – Cherry Bakewell. I had every intention of making a cherry Bakewell pie when I purchased the almond extract a few months ago. However, my efforts to avoid creating anything with more steps than a pavement, are quite resilient. Continue reading “Cherry Bakewell Chia Porridge”
I get messages quite often from people, through Instagram, asking me to help them with vegan protein sources. So I ran a poll on my Instagram stories, last Thursday, to find out whether there were others who would like me to put together a blogpost with easy to find, basic protein sources too. And 98% of you voted yes – the other 2% were contrary meat eaters, who felt it necessary to vote nonetheless. Continue reading “Veganuary: Where Do You Get Your Protein From?”
Christmas is only 5 days away and I’m still not feeling even the slightest bit Christmassy yet – I rarely do anymore. Christmas is definitely a holiday for the kids rather than us older folk. So instead, I focus on the food and I celebrate each year by making my favourite Christmas recipes that I have created and re-created over the years and this mince pie filling is definitely my favourite and most used Christmas recipe. Continue reading “Boozy Mince Pie Filling”